Answers To Your Most Pressing Personal Injury Queries

In the aftermath of a serious accident, victims and their families often feel overwhelmed by confusion and a flurry of emotions. Those who suffer catastrophic injury often turn to our personal injury lawyers for guidance. For the sake of convenience, we have provided answers to some of the most common questions our clients ask.

These answers should be taken only as general answers to general questions, which may or may not pertain specifically to your potential claim. To schedule an evaluation of your claim, please contact Drivon Turner & Waters, PLC, today.

Who can be held liable in a personal injury case?

For a defendant to be held liable, the plaintiff's attorneys must be able to present compelling evidence that the defendant either acted negligently or failed to act as a reasonable person would under similar circumstances and that this behavior caused or contributed to the plaintiff's injury. Depending on the circumstances surrounding the injury-causing accident, one or more parties may be held accountable for damages.

What happens if I was partly at fault for the accident?

Under the legal doctrine of comparative liability, you may still be eligible to recover damages from the party that was primarily responsible for the accident that led to your injury. In such cases, the court will determine the degree to which each party was responsible and express the degree of fault as a percentage. The plaintiff would then be eligible to recover damages commensurate with the percentage of fault shouldered by the defendant. For example, if the court determines that the defendant was 65 percent responsible for the accident, the plaintiff would be eligible to receive 65 percent of the compensation necessary to cover his or her losses and expenses.

If you were partially at fault for the accident that caused your injuries, please don't assume that you are ineligible for compensation. Our catastrophic personal injury attorneys in Stockton would be pleased to evaluate your case and inform you of your legal options.

What type of compensation can I expect to collect for my personal injury?

The type of compensation you can expect to collect for your personal injury depends largely on the extent of your injuries and the circumstances surrounding the accident. Typically, injured victims are entitled to compensation for medical bills, rehabilitation costs, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other expenses and losses directly resulting from the accident.

If you have lost a loved one due to someone else's negligence, you may also be able to recover compensation for future lost wages, loss of consortium, funeral expenses, and other losses and expenses. In cases of extreme negligence, the defendant may be required to pay punitive damages as well as actual damages.

What types of personal injury cases do you handle?

At Drivon Turner & Waters, PLC, we handle the full range of catastrophic personal injury claims. Our lawyers are experienced in handling cases involving brain and spinal cord injuries, medical negligence, product liability, wrongful death, car crashes and many other types of personal injury claims. We have the resources and knowledge to prepare the strongest cases possible, even in complex personal injury claims.

If you have been seriously injured due to someone else's negligence, our personal injury lawyers are in a position to provide you with exceptional representation, whatever the nature of your claim.

What are my options if I am injured on the job?

If you are involved in an accident on a construction site or any other work-related accident, you will most likely be eligible for workers' compensation. Although workers' compensation is distinct from civil law, they sometimes overlap. For example, you may be able to be compensated for a work-related injury under workers' compensation law as well as civil law if your employer or an outside entity such as a part manufacturer acted negligently.

If your injury has caused serious financial and emotional strain for you and your family, it is important that you seek legal representation for your claim. Our personal injury attorneys will help you obtain the maximum compensation available under your employment benefits and, if applicable, civil law.

Contact Our Lawyers Today

If you have been seriously injured or have lost a family member due to someone else's negligent or deliberately wrongful actions, you need the representation of an experienced attorney who will fight to assert your rights. Please contact our personal injury lawyers for an evaluation of your case today. Call 209-800-8971 or send us a message through our online contact form.