Drivon Turner & Waters,PLC

You are entitled to compensation as a victim of a reckless driver

No one wants to be in a car accident, but when the unthinkable happens, it's important that you move forward and face the situation as it comes. There are some steps you can take to protect yourself and your family while still seeking the compensation you need as victims of a terrible accident.

Remember not to leave the scene, because this can quickly result in you facing hit-and-run charges. If you or someone else is injured, whether or not it's a victim or the person at fault, you should give aid if possible. Seek medical attention; call 911 or the police for assistance.

If you think the accident is the other person's fault, you can tell the police you think that. Explain your thoughts; did you see the driver texting or talking, turned away from the road or eating behind the wheel? If there are witnesses, they can collaborate your story.

Your accident does need to be reported. When the police come to the scene, they should make the report themselves. If you're taken to the hospital or receiving care and are unable to get the report at the time, you can ask to have it later.

Your injuries were caused by another person, so you should be able to file a claim for compensation with his or her insurance carrier and await a settlement offer that you can review. If they are not insured, a personal injury lawsuit may be a better choice. Our website has more information about making a claim, so you can decide on the best method for your case.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information

215 North San Joaquin Street Stockton, CA 95202 Phone: 209-800-8971 Fax: 209-463-7668 STOCKTON LAW OFFICE MAP