Drivon Turner & Waters,PLC

What you need to know after you've been in a car crash

If you're involved in a car accident, you need to stop and make sure you and the other party are okay. Call emergency services immediately, so the police and medics will be informed and head to your location.

Even if you don't feel sick or injured, make sure you get a medical exam following the accident. It's a good idea for you and your passengers to do this to make sure you're all uninjured or that injuries you didn't notice are noted for your insurance claim.

Your accident needs to be reported, so if you choose to seek medical care, the police should be at the scene and report the incident for you. When you're able, call your insurance carrier with your side of what happened. You should not admit to causing an accident, even if you think you might be at fault, because you may find it was actually the other party who was in the wrong or that you both share liability.

If the other party is to blame for the accident, his insurance should cover your medical expenses, lost wages, and the cost of damages to your vehicle. If the other party does not have insurance, you may have to seek compensation through a civil lawsuit.

Our website has more information on the steps you should take after you've been involved in a serious car crash. You shouldn't have to worry about lost wages, medical bills or other financial impacts this collision has caused. With the right support, you can file a claim and make sure you get the best settlement possible.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information

215 North San Joaquin Street Stockton, CA 95202 Phone: 209-800-8971 Fax: 209-463-7668 STOCKTON LAW OFFICE MAP