Drivon Turner & Waters,PLC

You can seek compensation after you've been involved in a crash

Getting into a truck accident can be a life-altering situation. You may have been badly injured or lost a loved one; your family could be reeling from everything that has happened. Besides medical costs, you could be suffering from being unable to work. You could be unable to participate in the things you once loved or have a long road to recovery ahead of you.

To help yourself in this situation, you need to determine who's at fault for the crash and seek a claim against that person's insurance company. If the person does not have insurance, then you can file a civil lawsuit for compensation.

After you've been involved in a truck accident, you may need to provide information to your insurance company to show that the other driver was at fault. For example, when the police come to the scene, a report should be filled out. That police report should have the officer's official opinion of what happened. You will be able to get a copy of the report at a later date from the police department.

In the case that there is something wrong with the report, you can seek to have an amendment made. If the information on the report is wrong and you have proof of it, then simply show your ID, insurance card or other information that needs to be corrected to police. However, if it's a fact about the accident itself, you may only be able to add a statement to the report. If you think the police have the wrong party at fault, then it can be difficult, but not impossible, to challenge. That's something to consider seeking legal help over. Our website has more information.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information

215 North San Joaquin Street Stockton, CA 95202 Phone: 209-800-8971 Fax: 209-463-7668 STOCKTON LAW OFFICE MAP